Samuel Sousa
Twitter

1 biT Strike - A Ludum Dare #37 Entry

A little wallpaper to warm up.

On Day 01 - I have been wanting to do some space action for some time. I decided to adapt the Theme on the technical side of things and wanted the game to be playable online on Browser on PC or Mobile, thus the controls. By the end of the day it was looking something like this:


On Day 02 – My to do list: Add a proper wave system; Some flashing lights; Camera Shake a and some other nice to have animations and last minute changes and bug fixes.

I managed get to most of them quite fast except for the last part, since I wanted my project to be playable online. I’m still learning to get browsers cooperating with my creations, so that process must of taken around 3 long never ending hours  or so. Having that done, I decided to put some sound (since my LD #36 Game sucked on that department). 1 biT Strike wasn’t too needy, there are only around 4 / 5 sound effects in it. I wasn’t sure I was going to be able to get some music in it, as well, until I remembered I had worked on some art & music for a never-to-be-seen-project half decade ago.



1 Bit Strike is a retro black & white endless score-attack shoot’em up.

Suddenly humanity is doomed by an outer space approaching menace. It's your job to fly up there and Strike them down!
... and while you're at it, make a nice score. I managed to get 1670 points, I dare you to beat it :)

          

Thanks Rialgar and Jupiter Hadley for playing this Entry!






Sem comentários :